Interactive Map of IoT Organizations — TAKE 2

I am very excited to re-launch my Interactive Map of IoT Organizations. The first version launched a couple of months ago and received a lot of great feedback and some constructive feedback too.

mape-take-2-dec-4-2016-just-map

[AdSense-A]

Here are the material changes from the first version:

1. Each organization now has their specific address instead of being city-based
    I went back to every organization’s site to find their address. Some organizations are hard to find in the physical world, especially many of the small ones. For global organizations with no headquarters like Open Source organizations such as MicroPython, I look for the top contributor on GitHub and used the City they are from (not their home address!)
  2. “Knock knock, who’s there?” – I enjoy learning about each company and how they started so I can live vicariously through them. Where I had time and could find the information, I now include the Founder(s) of the organization and a link to more information about them. This is in addition to the “Founded” year which was in the first version
    argotics
    [AdSense-A]
  3. Category cleanup in Aisle 2″ – I played with the categories and I am still not happy with them. I’ve been researching how the IoT research companies categorize companies. Yes, I know, it sounds redundant to research research companies! I will publish a post on my findings and wil be revising my taxonomy as well. Folks are still trying to determine what it means to be an IoT Platform. For me, it’s most important to focus on standards and integration of systems as there will be organizations that specialize in one aspect of an IoT platform whether it’s the analytics, rules engine, device management, workflow, or visualization functions.
    categories-dec-4-2016
  4. More soup please” – The initial launch of the map had 246 organizations, this new map has 759 organizations. Thanks to many people on LinkedIn and through blog comments for suggesting their companies which accounted for 180 additional organizations. The other 330+ organizations I have been finding on my own by trolling news, Twitter, IoT conference Web sites, “Partners” sections of each organization.

I set up a Twitter account @EyeOhTee and although I still need to tweet more, you may see some interesting news on there and feel free to tweet out this post, plug plug!

[AdSense-A]

Besides the basic data shown on the map, I also track many more attributes of each product within areas below. I will publish additional findings and analysis on this blog and LinkedIn.

• Platform Features (Real-time Analytics, Device Management…)
  • Security (SSL, TLS…) & Authentication (OAuth, SAML, RADIUS…)
  • Integrations (to other products)
  • Application (Web, iOS, Android)
  • Notifications (SMS, email, Push…)
  • Local Storage
  • Hardware Platform
  • Operating System
  • Programming Languages
  • Wired Interface (ENET, GPIO, USB, RTU…)
  • Wireless Interface (BLE, Wi-Fi, 2G/3G, LPWAN…)
  • Location Interface (GPS, GNSS…)

[AdSense-A]

I love to travel although it has been a while so, for each company, I have fun going to Google Street View to see where the company is based and what is around them. It’s surprising to see where the Internet of Things is growing. This is one of my favorites, not only growing Pumpkins but also a hardware platform.

amica-bergen

I hope you find the map useful and I would love to hear if, and how, it has helped you. Whether you located a company in your area to collaborate or a supplier for a problem you are trying to solve or just learning like me it will have made it worth the time I spend on this.

Without further ado, here is the [ map ]

Please excuse the Google ads as they help show my wife that I can generate a few $ to compensate and cover my DigiKey purchases!

Finally, thanks to David Oro for the additional exposure on IoT Central.

[AdSense-A]

56 thoughts on “Interactive Map of IoT Organizations — TAKE 2

1. admin Post author

Hi Anita, with the v2 map I updated a few days ago Bosch appears now at Gerlingen-Schillerhöhe, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany 70839

Hope that’s correct! Best, Bernie

1. admin Post author

Hi Laura, thanks for the note. I couldn’t find any info specific to IoT on your Web site, can you post a link to that info for me? thanks! Bernie

1. ROBERT QUINN

Great idea and the map will get VERY busy!
    I went live with my IoT platform (all open source software) in 2005 and went to the cloud as soon as that service matured sufficiently. It is totally hardware and protocol agnostic and we have data streams coming to us via gateways supporting 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, PLC, Sigfox, LoRaWAN, licenced spectrum RF, RFID, hard wired, etc. Data can be loaded manually online or pushed and pulled using ftp, XML, email, sms, etc. The range of end points involved is huge. Our processing engine standardises all the data (intervals, calendar months, units) to allow aggregation and calculation and trend analysis. Information is pushed and pulled to/by any smart phone, tablet or computer. Custom modules have been developed to suit the specific needs of particular applications (eg cooling towers, data centres, and solar plants). We focus on the industrial and environmental sectors as opposed to personal or domestic applications.
    We provide technical, strategic, planning, and operational and data analytics support to customers for the total data supply chain from sensor to the end user GUI.
    We have offices at 10 Clarke Street Crows Nest NSW Australia and Crosshaven, County Cork Ireland

1. admin Post author

Hi Robert, thanks so much for the awesome submission and you have a very interesting solution being vendor agnostic and feature rich. I can only put one address on the map so used the 10 Clarke Street one. All the best! Bernie

2. Julie Mullins

Love all the work you’ve put into this! Would be honored to be included on the map. Company = Zentri. We are an IoT platform to help product manufacturers securely build, launch, manage, and scale connected products.

1. admin Post author

Thanks Julie, Nick also poked me on LinkedIn and requested to add Zentri, you’re now on the map and thanks for the positive feedback! Bernie

3. Nitin Nistane

Amazing work indeed.

Can you please include my firm? We are AgileConnects Pvt Ltd. Our URL is http://www.agileconnects.com. We are startup based in India in the IoT space. We make a compelling energy management proposition using innovative dynamic operating points and motion enabled activation of powered equipment like lights and HVAC. We also have patent pending implementation of Powerline communication (PLC) for command and control of powered equipment.

Thanks and best wishes,

Nitin Nistane, CEO AgileConnects

1. admin Post author

Hi Nitin, you’re on the map! If you have a Twitter handle please share. for now I tweeted it with #AgileConnects. Best, Bernie

1. admin Post author

Hi Rodrigo, thanks for the information and kind words. You have an interesting company/product *and* a beautiful location! I enjoyed “driving” around your area on Street View. All the best to you and your company. Bernie

1. admin Post author

Thanks Syed for the note, you’re on the map! Very interesting platform and a lot of great resources on the site too. I used to go to Santa Clara a lot in my Nortel days and then RedWood City with BlackBerry, love that area! All the best to you and your company, Bernie

1. admin Post author

Thanks Nicholas, very interesting company. I’ve added you to the map in lovely Rotterdam that I visited back in my younger years. My parents are from Doetinchem and Arnhem area, migrated to Canada after WWII. All the best to you and your company. Bernie

1. admin Post author

Thanks Samil, enjoyed trolling your Web site you’ve got an interesting approach. All the best and you’re on the map! Bernie

4. Marco

Hi Bernie, thanks a lot for building this!
    Can you please add http://www.novelti.io ? We provide real-time analytics for IoT scenarios, making pattern recognition and anomaly detection extremely easy for non-data scientists. I hope you find it suitable for the map. Thanks a lot.
    Marco.

1. admin Post author

Hi Ulrica, thanks for stopping by. I’ve gone through your site a couple of times just now and it appears your platform is a workflow platform. Can you clarify how it is used for IoT or maybe send a different URL? thanks, Bernie

5. Stefano Linari

Can you add Alleantia (www.alleantia.com)? We have a unique technology to connect industrial devices to major cloud and on premise application with world largest industrial device driver database (>4100 drivers today)

1. admin Post author

Thanks Stefano, very impressive company and platform. I’ve added Allentia to the map and wish you all the best, Bernie

6. Bob Newkirk

Hi Bernie
    Thank for this great contribution!
    I would appreciate if you could add us, too
    We are Southern California based company that provides IoT marketing and market development services.

Website: http://www.rampwise.com

For more details we also recently added a LinkedIn Company profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company/17879894

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Bob Newkirk
    Chief Advisor & Founder
    LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/newkirk
    +1 949-673-1777 | SmartGrowth@RampWise.com | http://www.rampwise.com

1. admin Post author

Hi Bob, thanks for suggesting your company as Marketing is so important. Rampwise is on the map. All the best to you and yours from me and mine this holiday season! Bernie

1. admin Post author

Hi Boris, thanks for the kind words. If you can share where on FB you saw the link that would be awesome as I am not on FB (anti-social, just kidding!). I’ve added 3 PORT to the map and tweeted it as well from my @EyeOhTee account. Do you have a Twitter account? Best, Bernie

7. BASSEM GHOBRIAL

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for putting SpimeSenseLabs on the Map. I see that you have also included the URL for company website and main product (MasterOfThings IoT AEP).

Please update our main Focus to be IoT Application Enablement Platform. I want the blue mark on the map 🙂
    Our secondary focus is IoT application development.

Founders information and phones below
    Founderd: Bassem.Boshra@SpimeSenseLabs.com and Magdy.Raouf@SpimeSenseLabs.com
    Phone contacts:+201001234258, +201001144013

Thanks again for the updates and for the great effort and marvelous map idea.

Regards,
    Bassem Boshra

8. Pingback: Issue #68 - Dev Diner

9. Susana Aguirre

Certainly it is difficult to label the IoT organizations in different categories. In our case, Symplio Lifestyle Technologies that we have developed our own architecture end-to-end which includes devices, gateways, and proprietary platform oriented both to industry and to the business of the sportainment, is it correct to identify as IoT platform provider? I don´t think so, because we´re not only that. Are we manufacturers of wereables? Not while we have designed our own wereables but we don´t produce internally. It´s complicated, but I think that it’s architecture IoT end to end could fit well. What do you think Bernie?.

Thanks again for the great work you´re doing¡
    Susana from Symplio

1. admin Post author

Hi Susana, thanks for the note and ongoing support! I’ve changed the Category to “IoT Platform” for now for Symplio until I have better categories. In my “database” I keep multiple rows one for each product line so that way down the road I will be able to have multiple categories per company/organization.

I’m now posting organizations on https://twitter.com/EyeOhTee, the new Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/IoTmap, and on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/eyeohtee

1. admin Post author

Thanks Jill. GlobalSign is on the map! Minor thing, when I looked at the linkedin profile for the company, the address is missing “Two International Drive” best, Bernie

10. Eva

Hi Bernie!

Thanks for the great v2 of the map.
    Can we get on it as well?

Organization Name: Engage
    Organization URL : http://www.EngageIoT.com
    Founders: Asaf Shelly, Eva Shelly
    Founder URL: https://il.linkedin.com/in/asafshelly
    Product URL: http://engageiot.com/#Home_3
    Primary Category: Developer
    Secondary Category: Security
    Product Line Notes: Advanced AI Engine produces device software in minutes instead of months. The automatically produced code is secure by design which enables No-Firewall deployment.
    Founded 2016
    Address: Amal 10
    City: Rosh ha’Ayin
    ZIP / Postal Code: 4809900
    Country: Israel

Thanks and keep up the Sisyphean job!

11. Jack Lok

HI,

Very good work on the map, as a IBM Watson IoT partner we are covering IIoT solutions for our clients around the Benelux. Could you add us to the map as well.

12. Judit

Hi,

My name is Judit and I’m the community manager of Hirisens, a Spanish IoT environmental operator. We would like you to add our organization in your map. I attach you the data:

Organization Name: Hirisens
    Organization URL : http://www.hirisens.com/
    Email: info@hirisens.com
    Primary Category: IoT operator (I don’t know if you have this category. If not, maybe the nearest it would be “IoT platform”)
    Secondary Category: smart city (this is the main activity, but we also work with agriculture or water issues)
    Product Line Notes: turnkey service for the environmental monitoring in real time
    Founded 2016
    Address: Avda Universidades 24, edif ESIDE
    City: Bilbao
    ZIP / Postal Code: 48007
    Country: Spain

Thanks and Merry Xmas!

13. Pingback: Interactive Map of IoT Organizations — TAKE 2 | The Pointy Haired Manager

14. Pingback: AllThingsTalk – with this platform they do! | Interactive IoT Map

15. Martin Aarts

Hello,

Please add Yookr to map. Yookr is an IoT platform that is developed in The Netherlands. More information:

Website : http://www.yookr.org/